Complete Urinalysis with Microscopic Evaluation - Dog
Determine your dog’s kidney and bladder health from home.
Urine is often called “liquid gold” by veterinarians due to the wealth of health information it provides. Our At-Home Complete Urinalysis consists of several chemical and microscopic tests, and is a useful screening tool for kidney disease, urinary tract infections, and other medical conditions that result in urinary compounds such as diabetes, bladder stones and crystals, or liver disease.
Cats and dogs over age 7 should have a complete urinalysis yearly along with blood tests to detect diseases as early as possible. Chronic kidney disease (CKD) affects up to 80% of older cats1 and 10% of senior dogs.2 Early recognition allows early intervention through simple diet changes, leading to better outcomes.
Veterinarian-trusted urine tests any time from home.
Our complete urinalysis with microscopic evaluation includes:
- Urine color, odor, turbidity
- Urine pH
- Urine specific gravity (USG or USpG)
- Cells - erythrocytes (RBCs), leukocytes (WBCs), epithelial cells
- Urine casts or crystals
- Bacteria, organisms, or infectious agents
- Microscopic examination of urine sample by Laboratory Technician or Board-certified Veterinary Pathologist
Health information is health power.
1 - IRIS - International Renal Interest Society (2019)
2 - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6271312/