Pregnancy Tracker - Relaxin Level - Self-Collection Kit
Pregnancy testing at home.
We send you all the supplies needed to collect the blood sample and send it back to us for results.
Finding out if your dog or cat is pregnant as quickly as possible is important for many reasons. Let’s face it, pregnancy testing your pet has been stressful and challenging: trips to vet, expensive tests, inconclusive results, repeat. We’re here to change that.
We provide relaxin hormone pregnancy testing in the comfort of your home. Relaxin is secreted primarily by the placenta and is a reliable indicator of pregnancy in dogs and cats.
Same veterinarian-trusted lab tests.
- May detect pregnancy as early as 20 days post-LH surge (progesterone surge) in canines and felines
- Approximately 80% of pregnant canines are detected between 20 and 28 days, while some dogs may not test positive until day 31
- Highest concentrations of relaxin generally occur at 6 to 8 weeks of pregnancy
- Negative results should be retested at least seven days later
- Levels of relaxin remain elevated throughout gestation and decline quickly following whelping or loss of pregnancy
- Factors such as breed, size of dog or cat, and litter size may influence the level of serum relaxin
- Interpretation of pregnancy should be made in consultation with your veterinarian
Results typically within 24-48 hours after lab receives your sample.
Our laboratory measures relaxin by Rapid ImmunoMigration (RIM).
IMPORTANT NOTE: This test kit requires you to be able to aseptically collect and process blood samples. Relaxin levels require a minimum of 1-milliliter of serum (about 2 to 3-ml of whole blood). Centrifugation is needed prior to sample submittal to ensure accurate results. Contact us if you have any questions regarding sample procurement and handling.
Health information is health power.