Test your dog’s optimal breeding time at home.
We send you all the supplies needed to collect the blood samples and you send it back to us for results.
Determining your dog’s optimal breeding time has always been a hassle: trips to the vet, expensive tests, inconclusive results, repeat. We’re here to change that.
We provide blood progesterone testing in the comfort of your home. Progesterone levels are used to:
- Plan the best time for mating
- Determining the time of whelping
- Identifying causes of infertility such as anovular cycles and silent heats with normal ovulation
- Assessing whether your dog has sufficient progesterone levels to maintain a healthy pregnancy
- Chemiluminescence testing methodology
- Results typically within 24 hours after samples are received by the lab
Same veterinarian-trusted lab tests.
The type of progesterone test you use is important when making breeding decisions for your dog. Our laboratory provides you and your veterinarian with quantitative progesterone concentrations by chemiluminescence, not ELISA, to better calculate ideal breeding times.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This test kit requires you to be able to aseptically collect and process blood samples. Progesterone levels require a minimum of 1-milliliter of serum (about 2 to 3-ml of whole blood). Centrifugation is needed prior to sample submittal to ensure accurate results. Contact us if you have any questions regarding sample procurement and handling.
Health information is health power.