Questions? We've got answers!
Our process is simple, reliable and convenient for you and your pets.
Tests We Collect in Your Home - available in select areas - see below
1) Check your location - we're rapidly expanding our service areas, so if we're not in your area yet, be sure to invite us to your hometown!
We're currently serving:
Tucson and Phoenix, Arizona
Denver and Fort Collins, Colorado
Tampa and Clearwater, Florida
2) Select your test - once you determine we're available in your area, choose the test your pet needs.
4) We'll call to schedule our in-home visit - shortly after we receive your order, you'll fill out a simple pet info form and an Affordable Pet Labs Pet Care Provider will call to discuss and verify your pet's tests and schedule an appointment.
5) We arrive - you'll receive a few important emails from us on how to prepare your pet for our in-home blood testing. We'll also call you before the appointment to make sure you and your pet are ready (and tell them we're bringing treats!).
6) Receive results - you typically receive test results from the lab within 2 to 3 business days. You can share these results with your veterinarian and you'll always have a copy of your results.
Tests You Collect at Home - available in mainland US
1) Select your test - choose from a variety of urine and fecal test to screen and monitor for kidney and urinary diseases, parasite, and more! We're constantly expanding our selection of "Tests You Collect!"
3) We send you a collection kit - as soon as we receive your order, we'll ship out a sample collection kit with instructions, materials, and return shipping label.
4) Collect the samples and return - once you have your pet's urine or fecal samples, return them in the provided shipping container.
5) Receive results - you typically receive test results from the lab within 2 to 3 business days. You can share these results with your veterinarian and you'll always have a copy of your results.
First, check and see if we offer in-home testing in your area. If not, sign up so we can notify you know when in-home service is available in your area.
If you don’t see a specific blood test and we offer in-home service in your area, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your name, pet’s name, contact and test information, and we will do our best!
Unfortunately, we are unable to perform ACTH Stimulation Tests for Cushing’s Disease (hyperadrenocorticism) in the home setting, and recommend contacting your veterinarian for that test.
Yes! All of our tests are performed in a licensed veterinary reference lab (perhaps one of the labs your regular veterinarian uses!).
Affordable Pet Labs makes diagnostic blood testing easy and affordable for you and your pet by coming to your home.
We recommend your pet skip all food and treats 4 to 6 hours prior to blood tests.
Fasting helps clear the blood of “lipemia” (fats in the blood) and provides the most accurate test results.
For fecal and urine Tests You Collect, collect and store fresh samples as instructed in your home testing kits. Most samples need to be mailed the same day as collection for best results.
Your pet’s test results will be emailed in approximately 3 business days, although some tests may take longer depending on the complexity of the test and lab used. Occasionally, seasonal weather can cause delays in some parts of the country. Some tests may require additional time for analysis. We will inform you if your pet's test results will take more than 3 to 5 days.
If you need to change or reschedule an in-home diagnostic test, please email your request to email@example.com 24 hours prior to scheduled time or call us at 800-209-0158.
Please include your name, pet’s name, telephone number, city and state, and proposed rescheduled date and time. We will do our best to accommodate your request and will call to confirm your new appointment. Failure to give notice within 24 hours may result in a late cancellation fee of $25.
Our normal business hours are Monday through Sunday, from 8 am to 7 pm (MST).
If you have any questions, contact our Support Team firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-209-0158.
Yes, any veterinarian can interpret these test results. We'll send you your pet's complete lab test results and you can send to any veterinarian you choose.
You're in control of your pet's health data. We can also share the results with your veterinarian if you provide their email address.
Yes! We're a team of veterinarians and veterinary technicians using the same veterinarian-trusted licensed laboratories to run the tests that your vet does. This means you’re getting quality results they can trust. If you have any questions, ask your vet before you schedule an appointment.
Veterinarians are passionate about caring for your pet and they often add an interpretation fee into their test charges. For testing done through Affordable Pet Labs, it’s possible some veterinarians may charge for the time it takes to evaluate the results and discuss with you. This small fee helps pay for their staff so they can provide continued care for your awesome pet!
Other vets may see in-home lab test as helping them provide better care for your pet in a less-stressful setting and not charge additional fees. We're veterinarians who believe the more pet medical information you have, the better quality of life you can offer!
That’s the amazing part of in-home blood testing - most pets are comfortable and relaxed in their own environment! By eliminating stressful car rides, noisy (and smelly) waiting rooms, and exposure to lots of strange animals and people, your pet feels more safe and secure.
Our team of Pet Care Providers are qualified and experienced to handle most pets and can usually get a sample quickly without much stress. On rare occasions we may encounter a pet that is simply too nervous and our team may recommend stress-reducing medications or being seen in a clinic for the blood sampling.