Because desert dogs are special.
Dogs lucky enough to live in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, and Utah enjoy gorgeous sunsets, long hikes, and year round sunshine. Unfortunately, these ideal conditions are also perfect breeding grounds for several infectious organisms and ticks that can cause serious diseases in humans and dogs. To make sure your trail hound stays healthy, we created our special Desert Dog Disease Tracker diagnostic blood test panel.
Tests to detect common desert diseases including Valley Fever and Tick-borne illnesses.
The Desert Dog Profile includes a complete health assessment blood panel along with Valley Fever and tick-borne diseases Anaplasma, Lyme, and Ehrlichia.
Same veterinarian-trusted lab tests.
- Valley fever (coccidioidomycosis or Coccidioides immitis)
- IgG and IgM screening tests and titers
- Tick-borne diseases
- Anaplasmosis (Anaplasma phagocytophilum)
- Lyme disease (Borrelia burgdorferi)
Ehrlichiosis (Ehrlichia canis)
- Heartworm Antigen Test
- Blood chemistries
- Kidney function (BUN, Creatinine)
- Liver function (ALP, ALT, AST, GGT, Bilirubin)
- Thyroid hormone (T4)
- Blood sugar (Glucose)
- Pancreas (Amylase, Lipase)
- Electrolytes and Fluid Balance (Sodium, Potassium, Carbon Dioxide, Chloride, Anion Gap, Carbon Dioxide)
- Proteins (Albumin, Globulin, Total Protein)
- Calcium, Phosphorus
- Cholesterol, Triglycerides
- CBC (Complete blood cell count)
- Hemogram (RBC, Hematocrit, Hemoglobin, RBC morphology)
- White Blood Cells (WBC % and Counts, Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, Basophils)
- Platelets, Reticulocytes
Intestinal Parasite Exam (Fecal tests) - FREE if you collect and provide at the time of your appointment. All we need is a grape-sized sample in a plastic bag or other sealed container!
- All Samples Reviewed by a Veterinary Lab Technician and then a Veterinary Pathologist if Abnormal Findings
Health information is health power.