In Home Dog Pregnancy Test
Finding out if your dog is pregnant as quickly as possible is important for many reasons. Let’s face it, pregnancy testing your pet has been stressful and challenging: trips to vet, expensive tests, inconclusive results, repeat. We’re here to change that.
We provide relaxin hormone pregnancy testing in the comfort of your home. Relaxin is secreted primarily by the placenta and is a reliable indicator of pregnancy in dogs.
Same veterinarian-trusted lab tests.
- May detect pregnancy as early as 20 days post-LH surge (progesterone surge) in canines
- Approximately 80% of pregnant canines are detected between 20 and 28 days, while some dogs may not test positive until day 31
- Highest concentrations of relaxin generally occur at 6 to 8 weeks of pregnancy
- Negative results should be retested at least seven days later
- Levels of relaxin remain elevated throughout gestation and decline quickly following whelping or loss of pregnancy
- Factors such as breed, size of dog, and litter size may influence the level of serum relaxin
- Interpretation of pregnancy should be made in consultation with your veterinarian
Results typically within 24-48 hours.
Our laboratory measures relaxin by Rapid ImmunoMigration (RIM).
Health information is health power.